Estate agents act on the behalf of sellers to market the property, introduce it to potential buyers, conduct viewings, negotiate offers and, once a buyer is found, help progress the sale through to completion.
When choosing your estate agent you should consider the following:
- Do they have access to the right sort of potential buyers (e.g. overseas buyers, developers, investors etc.)
- How do they intend to market your property (i.e. advertising, on websites etc.)?
- Are they affiliated to any professional or regulatory bodies?
- Do they know the local market?
- Have they sold similarly-priced properties in the area?
- Will they be able to represent your property in the way you’d like it to be?
- Are they experienced and knowledgeable enough to deal with issues that may arise during the process?
- What fee do they propose charging you?
- What are the other terms of their contract?
Chestertons is the residential property specialist and offers a full range of related services including:
To arrange a valuation please contact the number below
020 3411 7552