Julia Lickley | 020 7298 5929 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Residential Management team provides management solutions to individual and portfolio landlords who own their property as share of the freehold or lessee.
Chestertons’ full management service takes the day-to-day running of a property out of the landlord’s hands. As part of this service we will:
• Collect rent (click here for a guide to reading our rental statements)
• Stand as the main point of contact for the tenant
• Arrange repairs to be carried out by our independent contractors, selected for their excellent service and competitive pricing
• Organise inventories and cost any dilapidations at the end of the tenancy
• Undertake two property visits each year
• Notify utility companies of a tenant change over (with the exception of telephone and media companies, which require instructions from the account holder)
• Provide the landlord with advice on any relevant legislation
• Organise a professional clean of the property at the end of a tenancy
• Organise Gas and Electrical checks to be carried out by Gas Safe / NICEIC certified contractors
• Offer an optional refurbishment and advice service
• Provide an out-of-hours emergency service* (Click here to read how Chestertons classify emergencies.)
Large team, diverse portfolio and personal service
The whole department takes up one open plan floor in our Westminster branch which means we are able to provide a personal service to our clients and ensure there is a high degree of knowledge sharing throughout the team. We provide direct dials to each member of staff and encourage clients and tenants to make contact. If a team member is on annual leave their direct dial is diverted to a main line so that your call is always answered and your enquiry is dealt with even if your usual point of contact is away.
Currently we manage around 2,500 residential houses and flats throughout London. We ensure that our property managers are not overstretched so they can provide a ‘hands on’ approach to your property and dealing with any issues that arise promptly.
All of our property managers are ARLA qualified and benefit from regular training and updates. We also have an internal training department that run top up courses specific to our requirements. The property managers are in small teams headed up by an Associate to assist when issues escalate and so we can be sure that our staff perform to the expectations of our clients.
Out of Hours Service
We understand that issues arise out of working hours. In an emergency, calls will be handled by experienced, trained staff that determine the nature of the emergency and where appropriate, arrange for necessary works to be carried out using one of our approved contractors.
Where works are already covered by a maintenance contract (such as British Gas Homecare policies), the staff will have details of who to contact in the event of an emergency. This service is available from 1730hrs till 0900hrs Monday to Friday and 24 hours a day during weekends and public holidays.
*Please call 0843 658 5062 if a matter arises outside of normal office hours that requires urgent attention.
Calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
Chestertons is the residential property specialist and offers a full range of related services including:
020 7298 5929